Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter

This weekend I've done everything in my power to keep busy and ignore the fact that this was my first easter holiday without going home or having some sort of easter dinner. Growing up is really starting to bum me out. First Christmas, now Easter, Thanksgiving is quite possibly soon to follow. I really hate being so far away from my family but I can't exactly follow them around, I know. Besides it's not like anyone stays in a location for more than five years anyway. I guess I've just got a bit of the holiday blues.

Jackie and I went to Easter Vigil mass since the latest mass on Sunday would involve waking up before 10 am. The girl who sat behind me couldn't have been more than 14 and was quite talkative.

"God, I can't believe I'm Catholic."
"What's with this Church anyway?"
"Why is there reading VII?"
"This holiday is stupid. He wasn't even dead for three days, we shouldn't celebrate it."
"(refering to the baptismal font) What's with that bathtub thing?"

wow. Just wow. It was a major trial of patience not to turn around and teach this girl about her own faith. Ah, the joys of teen years.

2 comments:

lonewolf said...

How many people does she know that were dead for four day and rose to make the Easter Vigil less worthwhile?

Jan said...

We missed you too!