Friday, April 13, 2007

One small step for man, one giant leap for my patience

This weekend I'll be away at a small town in Texas. Why? My boyfriend's mom is getting remarried.

It's a pretty well known fact that the woman and I don't get along and now I'm off to spend a weekend with her. Here's how I found out about the wedding.

wednesday night
Brandon - "Hey, what are you doing this weekend?"
Dani - "No definite plans yet, why?"
Brandon - "Well, my mom's getting remarried and I know it would mean a lot to her and me if you would come. Be my date?"

poop.

I've now managed to secure a weekend away at a "small wedding" with a woman who's most common form of interaction is screaming threats over the phone. I'd be happier if it was a bigger wedding and less time I have to interact with said person. This is the third marriage for Renee, Brandon's mom, and of course all the family will be there.

Now normally I get nervous enough when I have to talk to or deal with Renee, but now it's for a weekend, on her turf, and I'm meeting the WHOLE family. Well at least I've had a whole TWO DAYS of warning. Thanks Brandon. Now I'm not sure I'll even make it to the mall to go buy myself a new dress or something for the weekend. *sigh*

Wish me luck. I'll be back on Sunday.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Call me when you get back to let me know how it went!