Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Channel v. Barbie v. Gucci

Yesterday I went to the eyedoctor. Always fun having my eyes poked, prodded, air blown in, and blinded by a green glowing machine which we'll call the "optomap".

I walk out of the doctors office and into the eyeglasses selection area and I'm overwhelmed. I hate finding new glasses. It's like trying to pick out a new face for an entire year. After an hour and a half of trying to find Lenscrafters finest I found three different pairs of glasses.

1. A bright pink snazzy pair of glasses with a large pink flower on the side. Channel.
2. A regular set of metal frames that are either pink or blue depending on the light. Also featuring a large BARBIE logo on the side.
3. A fairly normal looking pair of frames, burgandy.

Option 1 was taken away because it was an overwhelming amount of pink and the flower would have obstructed my vision. Option 2 was a little snug so I opt for option three. When I sat down and looked at the label,... gucci. good gracious. That's some seriously expensive taste.

Behold the first gucci item I've ever owned in my life.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Jan said...

You look great!

dani said...

Correction, I look like I'm about to fall asleep.