Wednesday, March 7, 2007

my forty dollar C

Well I just printed, glued, folded, created and gave birth to a my first package design. I’ve spent the entire quarter arguing with my teacher over a design that we both like and doesn’t look like I want to boil children.

My product is “Toil and Bubble” a bath products set that will change the color of your water, create large amounts of bubbles, or create mist. Of course these can be added together to create a magical enticing bath. I found test tubes in target and fell in love with them. They’re just adorable.

Anyway, I wrote the marketing brief, designed logos, packages, and now this week I had my first set of color printed packages due. Say hello to my $40 C.

bag side 1
bag side 2
box while closed
box while opened
box back
the test tubes that started it all

I get to make changes and print everything off and make it all again next week. Joy. Conversation between my teacher and I;

Mr. Abraham – “I love this. You have a strong package.”
Me – “You always seem to say you love my work, then give me a ton of work to do.”
Mr. Abraham – “Yes, but then you go work like crazy and come back with something even stronger.”

*sigh*

2 comments:

lonewolf said...

We all need a "magical enticing bath." It practically sells itself.

Jan said...

I'd buy it!